Thursday, June 2, 2016

Cycle Day 1: Pre-IVF cycle

Today is cycle day 1 of the month before my first IVF cycle. In some ways I feel like I have been waiting for this day forever and in other ways I still can't believe its happening. I initially thought that an IVF cycle was one month long, but it is frequently about two months long from start to finish. This month I will take birth control pills to help suppress my hormones and regulate my cycle. Next cycle I will start all the injections to suppress ovulation and then stimulate the ovaries to produce many eggs in preparation for the transfer and retrieval.

Since my last entry I successfully had hysteroscopy #3 to remove the left over tissue from my miscarriage. It wasn't as painful as I expected and I even returned to work that afternoon with minimal cramping. I am hopeful that I will not need many more hysteroscopies in my future, three is enough! I then anxiously awaited the insurance approval and here we are.

I have been attending acupuncture for the last few months and you can read about that here. It has been relaxing and has helped decrease my stress level. I am going to continue to try to take it one day at a time for the next two months..


No comments:

Post a Comment