Monday, March 16, 2015

Babies, Babies, Everywhere

I am not exaggerating when I say that there are babies all around me. I had a cousin deliver a baby in January, my brother just had his first baby last week, I have another cousin due in April and a third cousin due in May. There are literally babies all around me. Of course this is making it even more difficult to stop thinking about weaning off my medications and trying to get pregnant.

Next week will be mark the 3rd month of being off my previous medication regime. Most rheumatologists agree that you should wait 6 months since stopping methotrexate before trying to conceive in order to ensure that the medication is no longer lingering in your system. Therefore this means we are halfway there in terms of this "limbo" waiting period. This "limbo" period has been a lot harder for me mentally and emotionally then physically thus far. Besides the rogue knee pain, I have been feeling well. However, emotionally and mentally it is very trying. I am constantly anxious waiting for something to go wrong or for my body to flare. Not being able to trust your body your entire life makes it hard to trust it when time becomes precious. However, I feel that with each passing month and each good medical appointment, I am feeling more confident that this in fact can be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment